The Let Thrones Beware Free Open Beta is officially on!
I’m excited to announce that the free open beta of Let Thrones Beware is officially a go!
Let Thrones Beware is a role-playing game about rediscovering hope in a traumatic fantasy world
Despite its strength, the eternal Kingdom of Man is no more, accidental victim of the very power it wielded to conquer your world. Bowed but not broken, those who survived the Kingdoms brutal thousand-year occupation fled to the far corners of Ceyenus.
Despite your freedom, there is danger. Horrors stalk the Deep Wood in which you and your kin shelter. Isolated, vulnerable villages quake in the darkness, hoping they are overlooked by what lurks in the trees.
Despite the danger, you must end Age of Despair. The rebirth of Ceyenus awaits and now is the time for you to step forward and restore what was lost.
Features of Let Thrones Beware include:
- A setting that challenges heroes to restore their world, shattered and broken by an otherworldly invasion
- A universal resolution mechanic that uses attack/counter/interrupt powers
- Gridded tactical combat and abstracted non-combat systems
- A codified adventure cycle where success and failure have meaningful effects on the campaign
- Stronghold and Domain management
- Mass combat
- Character portability between tables
You want to take a look at this if…
- … you enjoy tactical combat, but dislike having nothing to do in between taking your turns
- … you want a mechanically interesting non-combat resolution system
- … you enjoy gradated success in games, but want a tactical component to your gameplay
- … you like character building, but dislike item treadmills and fiddly feat choices
- All players are equally capable of affecting the game narrative, no matter the combination of choices they make
- Choices must be purposeful; a decision must have a significant mechanical impact, otherwise the details should be considered fluff and left to the player to define
- The game should run on a unified mechanic that is simple, but allows for progression as characters develop
- Combat and skill challenges must be crunchy but fast to run – and easy to adjudicate
This open beta includes the Let Thrones Beware core rulebook, a printable character sheet, and Bells of War, an introductory adventure for your table.